BNB babcock & brown limited

Just got home from work. SP3 this was no porky.On thursday at...

1. 68 Posts.
    Just got home from work. SP3 this was no porky.
    On thursday at Uni I was on my Commsec account showing a mate how T+1 and T+3 works. I put a buy bid on for 20,000 at$1.24 at around 11 am. I cancelled the order (or so I thought) before it was executed (which was about 1.5 mins later), however 15,971 shares were bought on my account at $1.24. This never came up as an 'executed order' on my account because the full 20,000 didn't go through. I checked my hotmail at 7pm last night and saw an email titled 'Trade Confirmation: BUY 15,971 BNB @ $1.24. I immediately knew what had happened and shat my dacks.
    Thats when I posted my original 'Urgent advice needed' thread on hotcopper.
    I had work today (no computer access) so I took fortycentsworth advice and put a sell order on at around 7.30am for the full 15,971 to sell at $1.40.
    I spoke to a mate at 10.10am who told me they opened at $1.52 which meant my sell order was execcuted as soon as the market opened.
    If you think that this is one big lie then that is your business. I have never met a person that would get a kick out of doing something like this.
    It was a stupid mistake that ended up making me $4000. Although I have lost so much money on the stockmarket this year I am not exactly jumping with joy, I am still down alot.
    Thanks for your advice everyone - I couldn't really got on HC today as we are not meant to use the internet at work.
    I was really surprised how few people knew that you can buy $25k worth of stocks without any money in your account. I though this was common knowledge. It is dangerous and stupid I know but I honestly didn't mean to do it.
    Cheers, MACDOG

Woof Woof

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BNB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.