Macklemore Same Love Song hits No1 on iTunes

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Macklemore pledges to donate Same Love earnings to same-sex marriage Yes campaign

Posted 24 minutes ago
    PHOTO: Same Love hit number one on iTunes in Australia on Thursday night, a sign the singer said showed "love is winning". (Reuters: Mario Anzuoni)
    RELATED STORY: Macklemore's Same Love hits number 1 on iTunes amid NRL grand final furore
    RELATED STORY: Turnbull warns Abbott not to 'censor' free speech over Macklemore grand final show
    US rapper Macklemore — who has become embroiled in Australia's same-sex marriage debate over his decision to perform his hit Same Love at the NRL grand final — has pledged to donate the Australian earnings of the hit single to the Yes campaign.
    The track, which was written with Ryan Lewis and Mary Lambert, hit number one on iTunes in Australia this week after former prime minister Tony Abbott argued "footy fans shouldn't be subjected to a politicised grand final".
    Speaking to Channel Nine ahead of tomorrow's match, Macklemore said he would help fund the Yes campaign.
    "I haven't figured it out yet, but I was saying … that I want to donate my portion of the proceeds from Same Love that I get off that record here in Australia to voting yes," he said.
    "So I need to figure out what that looks like and how to do that. But it is something I am going to do."
    Alex Greenwich, co-chair of Australian Marriage Equality, took to Twitter to praise to thank the rapper.
    "Thank you Macklemore — your song and support continues to inspire and energise us," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-...earnings-of-same-love-to-yes-campaign/9004420

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.