macquarie prime

1. 643 Posts.

Macquarie Prime offers a feature known as a Deallocation Sell order.

It allows you to sell selected parcels of shares of the same company, if you need to be selective for any reason.

As I hate typing, allow me to copy a mate's definition:

"Deallocation allowed me to sell multiple Atlas shares in one sale despite them being purchased at different times and therefore being in different parcels. I wanted to sell all my atlas (AGO) shares purchased in 09, but I didn't want to pay brokerage 3 times. By selecting deallocation, it allows you to type in how many units of a stock you want to sell, then selecting which parcels you want to sell. very handy indeed."

Instructions:

1. open trading platform
    2. go to Administration, then User Preferences, click on 'Yes' for Display Deallocation
    3. select stock to sell
    4. type in quantity to sell (DON'T PRESS ENTER OR CLICK OK). Instead...
    5. press tab
    6. click on the parcels you wish to sell
    7. Booya, brokerage will be charged as one sale and not several.

This should bring up the deallocation menu. Number 2 is very important as the default choice is 'No'.

The primary reason that Macquarie Prime doesn't advertise the fact is that it is a way of saving on brokerage. I have never read this but surely I'm right.

Well then, how's that for a bit free info for you all? It's us (consumers) against them (businesses trying to make a buck)

talktome

PS. C'mon, how about a thumbs up for me????

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.