At the end it was defamation suitWhy go at them for the funny...

1. 16,951 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 112
    At the end it was defamation suit

Why go at them for the funny grounds...and why accept such a party fine? FFS...why not hammer them with LIBEL from the get-go?

I stopped believing govts or powerful people a long time ago
    Id like to see DNA tests and then Id believe
    Meanwhile, we're still left with a groomer as the wife of the head of govt. in France

The original complaint against Ray and Roy was for
    invasion of private life, violation of image rights and infringement of personality rights,' but the final case was for defamation.

Frédéric Pichon, Rey's defence barrister, said her investigation about Ms Macron had been 'carried out in good faith' and in line with Article 10 of the European Court of Human Rights, which guarantees the right to freedom of expression.

He expressed outrage that his client was 'placed in police custody twice during the case', saying: 'I am shocked by the disproportionate means deployed by the authorities to silence her.'

Mr Pichon added: 'This looks like intimidation coming from ultra-protected people. If the theses she develops are so far-fetched, why go after her like this?

'My client is not very wealthy, at least much less than those who are angry with her.'

All parties to the case accepted the 'symbolic fines' handed down on appeal as a final settlement to what had become a huge embarrassment to Mr and Mrs Macron.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.