FDM 0.00% 1.1¢ freedom oil and gas ltd

mad reserves and forward growth strategy

1. 257 Posts.
    I expect a massive downward reserves revision in the near term.
    Mike Yaeger has flagged that reserves are under review in the half yearly report and that he is undertaking a review of the returns on recent investment activities. Any historical drilling found to be uneconomic will have a profound impact on the economics of the undeveloped reserve inventory. Many HC posters seem to have ignored this message from the new CEO...
    Who knows - maybe he'll even engage a reputable reserves consultant to provide a third party view which actually provides some meaningful metrics upon which investors can make informed decisions.
    For the record I still think this stock is a poor investment despite the introduction of a good new CEO as he can't divine economic reserves out of unviable reservoirs but it's now so cheap I am hesitant to go short again barring more detailed information which is sorely lacking at the moment as it always has been (not the least because they don't provide net production rates).
    Investors should take note that in both the quarterly and half yearly Yaeger has flagged that growth will come from acquisitions - this does not bode well for his view of the current set of assets in my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FDM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.