FDM 0.00% 1.1¢ freedom oil and gas ltd

MAD worth post acquisition?, page-30

1. 4,092 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6913
    Spylord I understand your frustrations and hear where you're coming from. Personally I think they've done the right thing by waiting to make an acquisition. The money must be burning a hole in their pockets.

Oil has only been sub $50 for 3 months. Prior to that it briefly went sub $50 but quickly bounced back to $60. I'd suggest many companies just sat on their hands when oil dropped to $50 for the first month or two, hoping it would bounce back to $60 once again. They are probably starting to realise asset sales will now have to be at $50 oil prices. In the last month most analysts have come to the conclusion sub $50 oil is here to stay for a while.

Properties have probably been coming onto the market during the last month or so as companies realise they will need to act before the banks force them to in October. From MAD's point of view, why buy now when the fire sale starts in October, it's like buying just before christmas when the boxing day sales are just around the corner.

Come December and MAD still haven't made an acquisition I'll join the band wagon. However in the unlikely event oil drops to the $30's and stays there, I'll be hanging out for the April bank revaluations. If we bought while oil was in the $60's or higher, it'd be us facing the chopping block in October, probably needing to pay off circa $200,000 of debt thru a capital raising or asset sales.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FDM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.