TLS 0.28% $3.62 telstra group limited

The other aspects that bother me about Telstra are: 1. If you...

1. 109 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    The other aspects that bother me about Telstra are:
    1. If you had a small group of brilliant/ creative types within the company would there be a culture and capacity to nurture and fund that type of development by management and the board?
    2. Most of what I've read talks about profit growth in the future coming from cost cutting so more than likely that creative group in 1 above would be cost cut out of the business. We are not going to find or build any important new businesses by cost cutting in fact exactly the opposite.
    3. The business being used as a cash cow for superfunds and general investors has had the effect of coming straight off the share price. So when TLS paid a half yearly 14 cent dividend what investors didn't realise was it was coming straight off the top of the share price by weakening the business and eliminating opportunities.
    And that's why they probably needed a Rupert at the helm but because it came from being a public asset all we got was a procession of office holding CEO's receiving nice pay cheques and probably doing their best in an environment where they never really had sufficient authority to make any significant changes nor sufficient vision. My guess is the board were the same - take no real risks and you wont be blamed for stuffing up - so we won't make any contentious decisions.
    It's all a shame really because Telstra only need look at what CSL have done and adopted as much as is relevant as possible. CSL also came from public ownership they just didn't agree to being the cash cow for their shareholders - they knew better and reinvested the money.
    It's probably not too late for Telstra but the chances of a turnaround are, in my opinion, not high.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.62
Change
0.010(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $41.82B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.64 $3.65 $3.62 $65.42M 18.02M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 1092958 $3.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.63 167188 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.