AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

The CSIRO comment about the exergen/DICE 10 MW demo power plant...

1. 3,072 Posts.
    The CSIRO comment about the exergen/DICE 10 MW demo power plant being built at '########## mine' links very nicely to these comments from exergen in March 2012:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/mining-companies-prepare-brown-coal-bids-20120320-1vi2v.html#ixzz1tf7Y1J7U

'Exergen head Trevor Bourne told The Age the company had been talking with the offices of Premier Ted Baillieu and Mr O'Brien about its plans.

He said Exergen would use technology to remove moisture from brown coal, lowering its carbon emissions and making it more suitable for export. It had backing from Indian energy company Tata Power and Itochu Corporation of Japan.

He said Exergen also wanted to build a 7 to 10 megawatt $20 million demonstration power plant, backed by Australian firms Thiess and Sedgman.

''I think our technology fundamentally shifts that paradigm on brown coal. We can reduce the CO2 emissions using our technology on brown coal to that of using gas with combined-cycle technology,'' he said.'

According to the CSIRO, a 10MW DICE demo power plant is planned to be built at '########## mine'.

http://www.ret.gov.au/resources/Documents/enhancing/Day%201/Innovation%20Minerals%2017.00-18.00/Louis%20Wibberley%20Ultra%20high%20efficiency%20power%20.pdf

The exergen CHTD upgraded brown coal used as fuelstock by the exergen/CSIRO DICE project this CSIRO summary talks about can only be from the 'Maddingley mine' at BM.

Building the proposed exergen/mnm JV $50 million CHTD BCE 50 TPH demo plant at the same location as exergen's planned $20 million 10MW DICE demo power plant would make sense from a cost and logistics standpoint.

At or near Maddingley mine.

In Bacchus Marsh.

No wonder the Greens are apoplectic and ASIO have been called in to hose them down.

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.