MFG 0.69% $8.68 magellan financial group limited

RSIhttps://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/rsi.aspI think the SP is...

1. 805 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    RSI

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/rsi.asp

I think the SP is pushing down on performance (and they do like Alibaba and Tenecent for example) but a good portfolio.

I think the market is overselling but even on this August report they are expensive relative to peers and not growing FUM is a major issue.

https://equitymates.com/company-analysis-magellan-financial-group-asx-mfg/

A key point however is FUM should grow. as they say in the equity mates post:

At the same time, Magellan is building out a new product set to attract new segments of the market. In particular, a set of 3 ETF style products and a retirement income product. These funds will be attractive to two fast growing areas of the Australian investing market. The ETF style products will be attractive to the growing class of retail investors in Australia and the retirement income will suit many older Australians that are heading towards retirement.

but that doesnt include the 1 for 4 offer for some funds - for me it is the unlisted Global and not sure about the others but this will grow FUM - and Sp ? should respond

The units you hold in Magellan Global Fund are now referred to as open class units. The number of units you hold in the Magellan Global Fund will not change. You may continue to apply for and redeem units in the same way offered prior to the restructure.

MGF Partnership OfferYou are eligible to participate in the MGF Partnership Offer which is expected to be launched in January 2021.The MGF Partnership Offer will enable you to subscribe for up to $1 worth of closed class units for every $4 worth of open class units you hold in the Magellan Global Fund. Your entitlement under the MGF Partnership Offer will be calculated using either the number of units you held on 8 December 2020, or the number of units you hold on 8 January 2021, whichever is lower.

If you subscribe for closed class units under the MGF Partnership Offer, you will also receive:a valuable benefit in the form of additional closed class units worth 7.5% of your subscription funded by Magellan Financial Group; andone option (MGF Option) for each closed class unit allotted to you. Each MGF option will be exercisable into one closed class unit with the exercise price set at a 7.5% discount to the prevailing NAV per closed class unit at the time of exercise. The MGF Options will have a three-year term and it is intended that the MGF Options will be quoted on ASX.

Clever management I think

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.68
Change
-0.060(0.69%)
Mkt cap ! $1.568B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.70 $8.75 $8.63 $3.492M 402.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5745 $8.68

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.70 1050 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$8.66
  Change
-0.060 ( 1.13 %)
Open High Low Volume
$8.71 $8.76 $8.63 89673
Last updated 15.59pm 02/05/2024 ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.