HIO 4.76% 2.0¢ hawsons iron ltd

Magnetite, DRI, Greensteel News, page-161

1. 201 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 111

I read somewhere that our neighbors over the fence at MGT have one of their top management also take a board seat at a company called Electra

There was a link (but I have lost it during my hospital stint) which was technically interesting ,but made me think that he was having a "foot in both camps"

i.e. the Electra outfit are claiming to be able to make full use (I think) of low grade haematite ore at greatly reduced cost and energy consumption (60deg C vs 1600 deg C--chemical method I think), thereby (theoretically) making haematite ore cheaper and "greener" -or at least equally as green somehow than magnetite --theoretically...
    This disturbed me a little , as realistically , I cannot imagine that all the mammoth billion dollar haematite IO miners wouldnt be moving heaven and earth to keep their stranglehold on IO /steel markets-and this would be a way----IF its at all possible....in a realistic time frame...
    This is a bit of the website blurb...

www.electra.earth

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4824/4824208-7a0a127d58e53ec8dfd72c311ae1fc86.jpg
    It reads like a fantasy, because surely such a massive energy save in the steel manufacturing cycle would have been tried before , or something similar--from the little hard info available , it didn't seem "revolutionary"?

I know that our HC crew has a bunch of diligent digital detectives who have actual first hand knowledge/experience of the real life IO mining and processing methods and hopefully some have an idea of what kind of a threat ,if any, this represents.And also--what is this board member up to??
    Does anyone know??

I cant see our SP moving much without some major announcement involving digging and building --"boots on the ground" --because atm its a sheep station--and ironically MGT I believe actually bought one of the sheep stations on their Razorback? leases... maybe they;re diversifying lol..

Not trying to be negative at all, I cant afford that luxury, but we seem to have a little cut+paste echo chamber going on in this thread, personally I think its wise to keep our periscopes up+ scanning to spot any threats that might be lurking....
    Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.0¢
Change
-0.001(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $20.33M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.1¢ 2.0¢ $11.19K 537.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 2235686 2.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.1¢ 77630 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.