MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

Magnis ESIA

1. 10,913 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1749
    Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone can help me find the MNS Environmental and Social Impact Assessment?

The implementation guidance note public on the Equator Principles website (page 21) says:

WHAT ASSESSMENT DOCUMENTATION SHOULD THE CLIENT DISCLOSE ONLINE?
    For all Category A and, as appropriate, Category B Projects, the client is, at a minimum, required to disclose a summary of the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) online.

WHERE SHOULD THE CLIENT DISCLOSE ITS ASSESSMENT DOCUMENTATION?
    he client should disclose its Assessment Documentation on an external website that it considers appropriate. For example, the Assessment Documentation could be disclosed on the client website, or on the website of a shareholder or sponsor, relevant environmental authority, regulator or government institution, Export Credit Agency or International Financial Institution.

Unfortunately, a search of the MNS website does not come up with a link to the published version.

I don't think MNS is a Category C project as per page 5 of the applicable Equator Principles at the time of preparation of the ESIA.

So I just find it really curious that I can't find a copy of the document anyway. @Trommel, do you know?

I know that MNS said "ESIA completed in accordance with Equator Principles guidelines" (as per page 10, and some other older announcements) but does MNS' statement that the ESIA was completed in accordance with the guidelines mean the same thing as "ESIA is compliant with the Equator Principles"?

It just really confuses me that I cannot find the completed document on the MNS website despite it being a condition of the Equator Principles?

I guess the only way we can know is to actually read it, weird how it's not on the website.
    Last edited by robbo24: 14/03/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.