IBX 0.00% 7.4¢ imagion biosystems limited

Magsense trialling

1. 6,094 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1176

As defined in the ANZCTR trialling protocols, the current nanoparticle imaging trials include both MRI and the proprietary, very sophisticated Magsense testing. Somewhere in the past I’m sure it was mentioned by IBX that the Magsense testing on tissue samples from the enrollees would be sent to the USA from which I presumed that the Magsense equipment was based there. But I note that IBX has been in a Magsense developmental collaboration with a Melbourne based medical equipment innovation company called Planet Innovation which seem to have a good track record. Here is the link , looks to be circa late 2018 or early 2019, and comment is made about the forthcoming human trials, which are now underway.

https://imagionbiosystems.com/news/imagion-biosystems-teams-with-planet-innovation-for-magsense-instrument-development/

Apart from that I don’t think there has been any further information from IBX on this collaborative work on Magsense, though I may have missed something along the way. Anyway, re-reading the ANZCTR trial protocols there is no mention of tissue samples being forwarded to the USA, that’s not to say its not happening but given the discrete timelines shown there for each milestone I now do not have the feeling that samples are being despatched to the USA. Possibly then the Magsense imaging is being done in Melbourne using Magsense equipment based here that Planet Innovation has been working on or maybe fine-tuning. It’s a little bit confusing, but would be great if the Magsense imaging was being done in Oz from a continuity point of view as well as logistics by avoiding any delays in forwarding samples to the US. Hopefully at some stage IBX will inform us where this critical part of the trialling is being done

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IBX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.