LYC 0.39% $7.75 lynas rare earths limited

Mahathir Agrees with Government on Lynas, page-2

1. 3,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 299
    Interesting points to note that Wong Tack said before that there will be 2 reviews done on Lynas. "one parliamentary and one in the executive branch would begin in the "very near future".

The parliamentary version is the one that has been suggested now. The 'executive branch' one is going to be done by the Cabinet of Malaysia I would think? Referring to Wikipedia on Cabinet of Malaysia...see description below..it's led by Dr. Mahathir!!

The Cabinet of Malaysia is the executive branch of Malaysia's government. Led by the Prime Minister, the cabinet is a council of ministers who are accountable collectively to the Parliament.

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nat...to-lynas-operations-soon/#jD1KZKyBYzVWzvT0.99"

The 2 reviews is probably a structure that will ensure that one is being a more technical review (lower level review) and the other review that has not even been put in place is one that will then ensure that the national interest is being taken care of, i.e. Mahathir will be the ultimate decision-maker?

Also, until now we are in 25th Sept and we have heard nothing from Yeo Bee Yin on the so called review committee...very interesting indeed from a public engagement point of view..
    Last edited by LightForce: 25/09/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.