MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

Mainstream News, page-2

1. 784 Posts.
    Cuba is a long way off making money for MEO.
    Roughly 8 to 9 years going by the work program.
    There is a possibility of collecting some back costs from Petro Australis with a qualified farm down.
    My understanding of the area is that the oil is very thick to tarry, requiring technology that has not been fully developed for commercial extraction.
    But I am more excited by the possibility of a farm down of Puka and a possible drill later this year .
    ie. drilling Puka deep or what is being called the Shannon prospect.

From the last quarterly:-

New Zealand
    Onshore New Zealand production from Puka was temporarily shut in due to unresolved mechanical problems with the Puka-1 well and the low current oil price environment. Successful resolution of the mechanical problems and an improved oil price will be the catalysts for re-commencing production.
    The Shannon prospect has been identified on 3D seismic data at a deeper level, below the Puka oil field. MEO considers Shannon to be an attractive prospect and is working with the Operator for it to be drilled in the second half of 2015. A process is underway to attract a funding partner for Shannon. In addition, as the drilling in WA-454-P and WA-488-P has been delayed, MEO is now in a position to consider a combination of farmout and direct funding for the drilling of the Shannon-1 well.

Cheers IFINO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.