mainwaring cousins eagles truth coming out, page-19

1. 4,287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Zeta, I lived in SE Asia for over 20 years and never come across or heard of anyone suffering depression. I discussed this recently with a friend who also lived there a considerable amount of time and he also never knew of anyone. I also know of only one case of a man committing suicide there. Attempted suicide by younger women abandoned by their husbands was more common though I never heard any that succeeded.
    The way society is structured there, there is no support for those who fail and I feel that this was generally reflected by the fact that almost everyone is focused on the future, and whatever obstacles may trip them up along the way, they quickly deal with them, put them behind and move on. Whilst they do recognise anniversaries of personal tragedies generally it is done as part of an obligation they must fulfill rather than something they need to do to help them come to terms with it.
    I guess that when you have been bought up in a society where everyone being exposed to life in the raw, you tend to quickly get things into perspective. Being able to dwell on the negative aspects of life is a luxury few are able to afford.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.