BIT 0.00% 3.3¢ biotron limited

Major Article - BIT225, in combination with 3-drug antiretroviral therapy, page-199

1. 20,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1782
    Taken from Colingrays post

Amiloride is a guanidium compound that functions to block the Na+ channel in epithelial tissues to facilitate Na reabsorption in the kidney in a manner that depletes Na but not K within the body. Amiloride has been shown previously to inhibit release of viral particles in the Vpu protein of HIV-1 via inhibition of the ion channel activity that results from the virus budding [51]. Vpu has also been shown to be similar to p7 of HCV, which has prompted the investigation of amiloride activity in terms of its ability to inhibit p7. A molecular dynamic modeling study has shown that a derivative of amiloride BITT225 has strong hydrophobic interaction with p7, which may translate to in vivo inhibition of p7 [52]. However, this remains to be tested in human studies. (my note: I assume human studies refers to Covid-19)

I've been away for a bit, so I don't know if this article has been posted yet from the 12th Oct. Goes into great detail about the similarities of Covid-019 and HCV. As we know BIT has had a strong focus on HCV and now Covid, and the interaction shows how BIT appear to be on the right track for a successful outcome for both (and more)

I don’t see any mention of amiloride BIT225 in the list of cures for Hep-c below?
    It is still a works in progress from what I read?
    I was referring to what Colingray posted recently on HC in saying that BIT225 may be a cure for Hep-C, not that Hep-c wasn't supposedly cured, nothing more.
    Is BIT225 better than those cures listed below?
    Does it have less side effects?
    Yet to be clinically proven is what I read? but it does appear that it will work from what I have read? and it may also offer protection for Covid19 going from Colingrays post?
    Again, it is yet to be tested though, it is still a works in progress.

What medicines are used to cure hepatitis C?
    The following DAA medicines are currently used in Australia to cure hepatitis C.
    Epclusa® (sofosbuvir + velpatasvir)
    Maviret® (glecaprevir/pibrentasvir)
    Harvoni® (sofosbuvir + ledipasvir)
    Zepatier® (elbasvir + grazoprevir)
    VOSEVI® (sofosbuvir + velpatasvir + voxilaprevir). Only used if previous DAA treatment has failed. 4

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.