RRL 2.51% $1.56 regis resources limited

The notion that bank stocks perform better in higher interest...

1. 556 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 94
    The notion that bank stocks perform better in higher interest rate environments is laughable. Banks borrow money too, and so their costs will up if rates increase. Banks generate profit based on marginal difference between their borrowing cost vs their lending revenue. Bank stocks soar when business confidence is high, and so if higher interest rates dampen business confidence (very likely) then banks will flounder.

If gold price increases like most think it will, higher cost operations like RRL will be the ones to benefit most as they can turn from a break-even proposition to high profit very fast. I’ve topped up on two occasions below $2, because I don’t think we’ll ever see this price again in my lifetime. The current MC of $1.5B is ridiculously low, and such a MC would normally be reserved for companies producing <200,000 oz pa, not 500,000! Grades at Increased grades at Moolart Well, Garden Well and Rosemomt will help, and once McPhillamys is approved and POG gets to where it should, we should 3x to 5x (or more) very quickly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.56
Change
-0.040(2.51%)
Mkt cap ! $1.174B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.57 $1.58 $1.55 $6.501M 4.105M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 5750 $1.56

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.57 5598 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.