I wanted to buy about US$2000 of bitcoin when the price was...

1. 2,493 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146
    I wanted to buy about US$2000 of bitcoin when the price was about $450 a few years ago and was planning to just hold them to see what would happen but some jockey convinced me that the only way to make money on crypto was to trade them. I insisted that had no time to actively trade or to watch for trends so they said that they would tell me exactly when and how much to trade across a basket of cryptos.

Anyway to make a long story short they said that they would put in an equal amount into my account and away we went. After about a month they had lost nearly all the $US4000 in about 35 trades (about 15 positive and 20 negative but the pos were usually smaller than the negs) and insisted that I should put in more. I told them that if they wanted more money they would just have to trade up what was leftsmile.png

Since then bitcoin has risen to big highs, collapsed and now risen again. I reckon I could have sold a few on the way up, maybe even bought a few more after the collapse and be well ahead by now except for that dam crypto jockey wanting to trade them.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.