I haven’t followed Canada foreign politics but Today I read they...

1. 41,341 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1007
    I haven’t followed Canada foreign politics but Today I read they have similar issues. Surprise surprise it revolves around Huawei!

2 events worth mentioning regardless if there are mutually related. They were obliging US request to withhold Ms Meng. Unless the Canadians were naive, the Chinese response is to be expected. Gentle persuasion and when that doesn’t work they flip to an all out attack. Secondly Trudeau’s 20+ second response to be as diplomatic as possible Speaks volumes of who they are likely to gain more, offending US or China. You can replicate that to the dilemmas we are currently facing.

If the Bolton expose has any truth on Trump’s mindset, both Canada n Oz could be expendable allies doing the front end bidding and MAGA kicks in at their expense in trade. It is especially more persuasive as we enter global economic contraction that the import Chinese pie is maintaining or shrinking. To keep up to buying request of agri in the phase 1, US gain at the expense of the bidders both heavy agri exporters.

I think those who study foreign politics with a meritocracy mindset of altruism Will be bitterly disappointed. It is always Quid Pro Quo sadly.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.