DFT datafast telecommunications limited

I doubt that all 150m will be for sale as the liquidator will...

1. 2,572 Posts.
    I doubt that all 150m will be for sale as the liquidator will sell only enough to cover Silknet's debts (the vast majority of which are said to be interparty related ie a director of Silknet has lent money to Silknet)
    So it is possible that the the still cohesive members of Silknet may well become the buyer of that parcel (in order to maintain their voting % in DFT) which would leave only the remaining % of DFT shares that would be distributed to the excomunicated member that may come onto the market.
    Even those may not come onto the market at such a depressed price because:
    1) The holders believe that once the factional fighting is cleared up & the focus is back on the direction of DFT, the share price will increase accordingly (2.4 is touted as fair value !) in which case it would be hard to see them selling @ 1.0
    2)The excomunicated party might decide to mount a challenge to gain control of the board, in which case he would become an on market buyer not seller
    3) If 2) is feared a possibility then the remaining Silknet members, board allies and friendly shareholders might deem it prudent to defend the status quo by also buying on market.
    The general consensus is that the excomunicated member is a black sheep and trouble maker and has to be gotten rid of regardless of any short term (paper) pain
    If all this scuttlebug is anything like close to fact, DFT may well be a reasonable PUNT over a 6 months timeline

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DFT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.