WSA 0.00% $3.86 western areas limited

My recent WSA trade was an experiment of sorts to see if the...

1. 447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 278
    My recent WSA trade was an experiment of sorts to see if the value stock picking approach works. A value stock is one with good fundamentals, but is at least temporarily out of favour. Such a stock is either in a stage 4 downtrend, or stage 1 sideways basing. A breakout can be easily determined using moving average crossovers, or a trend-line breakout.

Statistically, the failure rate is relatively high for downtrend rally trades. WSA has so far failed in this regard, hence I was stopped out at $2.41. Myself trying this alternative approach could be termed style drift. My usual (most successful) approach is to buy new highs. I will now modify my trading plan to exclusively only look for growth stocks trading at new highs over n periods. AAPL is a stock I have never traded or recommended, but is a good example of an archetype growth stock.

From early 2003 to mid 2008, WSA was a strong growth stock frequently trading at new 6 or 12-month highs. When viewed on a monthly chart, the trend is still down for WSA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.