MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

I think it is speculation from hotbid, emma, just like everyone...

1. iam
    1,149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    I think it is speculation from hotbid, emma, just like everyone else today. It's a question of the company making hay while the sun shines.

There are so many permutations and so many people know this company so well.

Hotbid's suggestion would add 3cps for all SHs (15m/502m Share Base). This scenario was touched on by a poster earlier today (apologies for forgetting who - so many posts).

Speaking for LT investors, if we do get additional sophisticated investors it will give credibility to the company we already believe in. IMO this will draw in further investors which will benefit all LT holders.

The present 83m (17%) shares held by the T20 or alternatively 83% held by retail investors is the reason for the SP being so easily manipulated. Whether the capping for the last 12 months is related, us mere mortals will never know.

The entry price for the CR is the key. Lower than the present SP will not be appreciated by the present SHs, IMO, unless there are other benefits attached. The recent rise in the SP has been uplifting for the patient LT holders and we were looking forward to the spud.

Another scenario mentioned today is the Clive Palmer factor. Like him or not, he is still an ifluential partner (35%) in 361-P with MEO 50% and CUE 15%. An application for the renewal of 361-P is presently being considered and management would still have a working relationship with him.

From the AGM presentation the prospects in 361P are plain to see and I am finding it hard to see how they will be able to relinquish half the permit (7-8 blocks).

4 blocks contain West Zeus, 4 contain Hephaestus South, 1 has West Heracles and 1 Nth Goodwin which adds to 10. The area which can probably let go is the in the middle containing Zeus#1. But that is another story. Even so, more wells in the permit could be on the cards but not many rigs are available for drilling.

Rest assured. As indicated in the AGM, JH and his team are always looking at the long term strategy.

While RDI is now defunct, CP indicated at the time of Zeus#1, as part of the alliance, he was also interested in Bonaparte and TS so another investment by him would also be on the cards. I don't know where his $3b HK Resourcehouse float is at, or even if it is still being contemplated.

I am sure the CEO will have our (the company's) best interests at heart and we may well be pleasantly surprised with the outcome of the TH. The way the sell orders were pulled today tells us that quite a few other people have already been surprised by today's action.

The term 'potential' in today's release indicates that management are in the driving seat.

Tomorrow's weekly Artemis report may be put off for a day to include all the answers along with the news of the A#1 spud.

#:>))

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.