Think you guys are out of touch with the current state of the...

1. 138 Posts.
    Think you guys are out of touch with the current state of the nation.

No need to make it compulsory!

Army / Navy / Air force intake is at it's all time highs for the last decade or two. With unemployment so high and almost no career opportunities for school leavers, there is no option but to join.

How do I know??....friends work in the recruitment office and I work next door...so I see the volume daily.

I think most of us here had a choice during our time! 1970's 80's..geeze those were the days...could actually choose your guaranteed job, tell the boss to get stuffed...go down the round and get yourself another job.

So here it is....the new employment trend for Australia. It's actually quite a sad picture....manufacturing and apprenticeships are almost obsolete in this country. Hope I'm not too old join as I may be knocking on their door soon too.

I too don't like the little shits either with their self entitlement...but I blame parents for their behaviour. A colleague was telling me last week, their son's bedroom requires more power points because he has a TV, Xbox, computer, blueray player, bla bla bla bla in his bedroom...WTF!!!!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.