make army compulsary , page-68

1. 13,367 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    "the army creates a lot of anger in its members. its goal is to destroy individuality, destroy critical thinking, for the goal of conformity"

To the contrary... They install a sense of discipline most civilians would never understand. They don't want "anger", they want highly disciplined actions and controlled thinking. Conformity is ensuring all are exposed to the same training and act in unison when/if the time ever comes and use critical thinking by instinct.

That sentence demonstrates, certainly to me and I feel certain the majority of past and serving members, you either have never served in the Australian Regular Army or you didn't learn a thing you were taught.

I and my past services colleagues would certainly not want to be serving alongside a person with thoughts like that at any critical time in life, either within the forces or outside.

Ps. I and most I served with never joined to "kill people", it was actually the last thing any of us wanted. We joined out of a sense of pride and duty toward the country we loved with a genuine heart felt passion.

A passion much needed in the forces, a passion our lost fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, friends, cousins, aunties and in my case uncles had when the DEFENDED Australia and our Allies against forces so evil we hope are never repeated. They did so so we can enjoy the freedom many take for granted today. If they meditated, simply prayed or stuck their heads in the sand and hoped it all went away...it would be a vastly different world and Australia today with the likes of Hitler and the murderous Japanese generals leading this country. They were closer than many think.

Thank god we have highly skilled men and women that still share this pride and passion for Australia. They selflessly and willingly place their lives on the line and be prepared to do what they must at anytime...these are the people I admire most in life. They are willing to pay, and so many have paid, the ultimate price for the country they love, their own life.

Those that commented on what they are paid, I am speechless. No civilian would get out of bed for what these people get during training. Training that many would never have the intestinal fortitude and mental toughness to complete. Once out the rates of pay are poor to state the least, and don't give me the usual they don't pay tax crap. Lost count of how many times I have read and directly heard that rubbish stated.

My 6 years gave me a much need grounding in personal discipline and life skills I believe I may never have been exposed. Skills I have no doubt gave me the discipline and "critical thinking" to achieve all I have to date many times in the face of personal adversity and hardship. Having been brought up in a bogon area with no father, my apprenticeship was a formal one being a trade and informal life one that taught me very little except anger and regret. The army took the anger away and turned it into trained, controlled aggression to be called upon only if ever required to DEFEND myself, my family or my country. I also now have no regrets...

Lest we forget...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.