make army compulsary , page-75

1. 37,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 828
    To the contrary... They install a sense of discipline most civilians would never understand.

it is conformity rather than self-disciple

They don't want "anger", they want highly disciplined actions and controlled thinking.

so why so many scandals in the army, such as sexual abuse & bullying?

that sentence demonstrates, certainly to me and I feel certain the majority of past and serving members, you either have never served in the Australian Regular Army or you didn't learn a thing you were taught.

what a ridiculous comment. as though I would have ever gone near the army

I and my past services colleagues would certainly not want to be serving alongside a person with thoughts like that at any critical time in life, either within the forces or outside.

you are manufacturing your own "critical time in life". this "critical time in life" is not like facing a natural disaster, natural sickness, natural injury, etc

you have chosen (for example, chosen to go to Vietnam & Iraq, to nations that have never threatened you) to create your own "critical time in life"

unlike sickness, for example, it is a critical time in life you could choose to completely avoid

you have chosen to serve the Imperialist plans for the ruling elite, be their servants & risk your life in their economic adventures

I and most I served with never joined to "kill people", it was actually the last thing any of us wanted. We joined out of a sense of pride and duty toward the country we loved with a genuine heart felt passion.

this shows how confused or ignorant you were; you joined to have a passionate good time, oblivious to the repercussions that you would be sent to a war zone & also possibly inflict against civilians. you joined like children playing toy soldiers, unaware of the harm you could afflict upon yourself, your family & others

A passion much needed in the forces, a passion our lost fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, friends, cousins, aunties and in my case uncles had when the DEFENDED Australia and our Allies against forces so evil we hope are never repeated.

non-sense. I was funny how you used to arouse the PEN herd to great financial losses & now you are doing it again

as I posted in all truthfulness; Japan was a backward feudal nation. it militarised in the late 1800s to protect itself from British & American colonialism

the evil in the world, at that time, was actually the British Empire & other colonial powers, who were exploiting & raping India, China, SE Asia, Indonesia, etc

They did so so we can enjoy the freedom many take for granted today.

this is false & propaganda. the British Empire, through its own actions, manifested a war that has ended great wars & destroyed its own empire as a result

if anything back in the day was depriving people's of freedoms, it was the British Empire

since WW2, it is American Imperialism depriving nations of freedom

If they meditated, simply prayed or stuck their heads in the sand and hoped it all went away...it would be a vastly different world and Australia today with the likes of Hitler and the murderous Japanese generals leading this country. They were closer than many think.

non-sense, as I showed above

the Japanese did not win one naval or major military battle after Pearl Harbour (which was an action against the US oil embargo)

the Japanese did not build one major military ship during WW2

by 1945, the American navy eclipsed the Japanese navy by many fold

this propaganda is non-sense

history shows the British & Americans were exploiting Asian nations & the Japanese militarised & simply imitated the British behaviour in Asia

Thank god

the god of Christ shuns warfare. therefore, whatever 'god' you are referring to is not any god we have heard of

we have highly skilled men and women that still share this pride and passion for Australia.

I would say they are people genetically designed to enjoy guns & power. most people are the very opposite of this thus most people do not want to be in the army

They selflessly and willingly place their lives on the line and be prepared to do what they must at anytime...

so they "must" had to go to Vietnam, Iraq, Afganistan?

did they get paid big bonuses for going to Iraq & Afgan?

when you chose to kill X people by placing your own people before X people, you are actually not being "selfless". to the contrary, you are taking sides & putting your group before another group

these are the people I admire most in life.

I don't admire them at all. I used to sit next to a girl at work who's husband was in Iraq and she used to cry all day.

They are willing to pay, and so many have paid, the ultimate price for the country they love, their own life.

non-sense. they served the British Empire & served the US political agenda. they did not inherently pay the price for this continent called "Australia"

they fought in wars created by others

Those that commented on what they are paid, I am speechless. No civilian would get out of bed for what these people get during training.

you are contradicting yourself. you previously called them "selfless" and now you are defending their pay

Training that many would never have the intestinal fortitude and mental toughness to complete.

non-sense. I used to play rugby league. soldier I meet do not impress me in any particular way.

My 6 years gave me a much need grounding in personal discipline and life skills I believe I may never have been exposed.

non-sense. your personal character was exhibited on the PEN thread for many years, where you lead an uncritical & unquestioning group of investors obediently into a financial death trap

Skills I have no doubt gave me the discipline and "critical thinking" to achieve all I have to date many times in the face of personal adversity and hardship.

as above

Having been brought up in a bogon area with no father, my apprenticeship was a formal one being a trade and informal life one that taught me very little except anger and regret. The army took the anger away and turned it into trained, controlled aggression to be called upon only if ever required to DEFEND myself, my family or my country. I also now have no regrets...

so haven't you posted you are wandering around Indonesia, in the land of Suharto, whose soldiers murdered many civilians during the late 1960s?

Lest we forget...

yes. lest we forget the many men who died for the wars of Empire & Material Wealth

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.