SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

Wealthcre8or, I couldn't care less about the daily or hourly...

1. 3,910 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    Wealthcre8or, I couldn't care less about the daily or hourly tiny share price permutations that seem to garner so much discussion here. I gave up trying to analyse the daily movements of this stock years ago because it's pointless and you never know the reason in the end anyway. Maybe some SMSF members decided to cash in their holdings today because they wanted to withdraw money via an ETP and buy a house or go on a cruise, maybe some traders and other entities that were smart enough to top up when the company was sub 40c decided to sell today and lock in their profit, maybe some insto's are re-arranging their portfolios into natural gas and oil exposures because of the increased demand those resources are likely to experience after the nuclear incident in Japan. The possible explanations are endless, and not worth worrying about because you will simply never know. A speculative stock being down a few % doesn't need an explanation in my books, why would it?

The presentation today from GC, while good to listen to, added little new information for the market to digest. From the information released publically so far, the equity swap from Friday wasn't going to be enough to send share prices into the stratosphere. There's still no real detail as to what plans our new shareholder has, will they be a passive investor or take a lead role as a partner? The resource upgrade last week was great, but the market was already factoring in 415mt of DSO, so the move to 485mt wasn't Earth shattering. It will give more certainty to possible partners as JORC classifications changed, and SDL will be able to mine DSO a little longer, but major share price appreciation probably won't occur now until a partner can be found. I think the market has indicated this by sitting in this 45-55c range since the start of February.

A balanced viewpoint? Absolutely. Based on facts would be good though, you got one of the countries SDL is operating completely wrong in your sovereign risk assessment, and now you're seeming to predict with certainty the future regarding China and it's demand for iron ore, and of course that seems to be pointing towards bad news also. That doesn't seem all that balanced to me.

Lion2009, I agree fully with what you've said, and I'm not sure whether I'm doing more harm than good by trying to respond to a lot of the incorrect/uninformed misinformation that pops up!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.