NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

It is HotCopper. Especially on the more speculative stocks you...

1. 90 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    It is HotCopper. Especially on the more speculative stocks you will always get people down-ramping and up-ramping, at times way worse than this.

You have people heavily invested (emotionally) in a stock and desperate to see it succeed and so constantly painting the future rosy. They get getting irate with others who are negative of their chosen stock.

The naysayers come in many flavours - some that really do want to keep things honest or they want to be able to say I told you so or they see value for their investment strategy in talking down a stock (they may well be wanting to accumulate) or simply because people bite when they post and they want a reaction.

The up-rampers too may have ulterior motives and might be looking for some quick momentum. Just because they appear to be in love with the stock doesn't mean they really are.

My advice:

1. Don't use HC for investment advice. If you are here for that you are fair game.

2. if you really are a long term investor and believe the stock has long term value, don't sweat on the fact the price is low now, take advantage of it! Accumulate while you can! Do a search for "Warren Buffett on Hamburgers".

3. If you are getting antsy about the short term price trajectory, ask yourself:
    a. are you really sure of the long term value of the stock?
    b. are you really in it for the long term or are you perhaps looking short term?

4. Don't avoid contrarian comment. Use it to test your choices and know why you reject the advice rather than because it annoys you. Be aware some of the contrarian advice can be a load of bollocks though, (as can the rosy positive analysis).

5. When a poster claims to be a wizard who has made bucket loads of money because of their skill in picking a stock, remind yourself you have no way to know if they are actually Peter Lynch or are just a goldfish with delusions of grandeur just because they are a fish that can type.

Last edited by Jonkster: 22/06/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.