make up your mind, tony, page-25

1. 718 Posts.
    As a person who was directly affected by Howard's so called "Work Choices" {no choices} Laws, I think I can speak with some authority on the subject.

I took legal advice after I was some 4 and half years ago, wrongfully dismissed from my workplace.

My legal advice at the time, which was just after the laws came into effect, was that whilst I was dismissed unlawfully, and there was no doubt whatsoever, I was told that my employer, under the Act could reinstate me then lawfully dismiss me on the grounds of "Operational Reasons".

This was one of the greatest flaws of the previous legislation. What it did, was to take away from workers almost all rights they had in the workplace and what rights remained were so watered down as to make them almost nonexistent.

Now I know that the right wing of the Liberal Party originally loved these laws. They were a reflection of Howard's philosophical IR views in its purest form. The laws were central and must remain as central to a Liberal philosophy of Australian life in the workplace.

I am not voting Labor because of Gillard. I am not voting Liberal because of Abbott. I will not be voting Greens because of Brown. I will have nothing to do with any of them.

I remain deeply skeptical of Abbott and the Liberals IR views as they will always disadvantage the average Australian wage earner - and that is fact. They simply will not resist the temptation, once in power, to ammed the laws for their political masters advanatage and to the disadvantage of ALL Austalian wage earners.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.