I wonder if this funding is for the same schools in which the...

1. 275 Posts.
    I wonder if this funding is for the same schools in which the Indonesian Government just overhauled the curriculum purging science and social studies to make way for more time in religious studies.. When I read stories like this I can't help but feel like some parts of the world are on a very wrong path...

JAKARTA — Annisa Nurul Jannah, 11, was learning about how devices transmit heat, sound and electricity. “I like science because it teaches me a lot,” the sixth grader at Petamburan 04, a school in a working-class part of Jakarta, said about her favorite subject. “I’d be sad if it was removed from school.”

Millions of children in Indonesian elementary schools may no longer have separate science classes starting in June, the beginning of their next school year, if the government approves a curriculum overhaul that would merge science and social studies with other classes so more time can be devoted to religious education.

There are many articles across the internet on this topic in recent months however the text above was pulled from:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/07/world/asia/in-indonesia-science-may-give-way-to-religion.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.