GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

making news, page-4

1. 413 Posts.
    Re: "Very misleading"

In case any reader has not read the topic of this thread, the news article linked in the first post, it does NOT mention "wet tonnes".

What the article highlighted as significant and seemed a step forward with the ramp up to me also was this:

"The July concentrated lithium production represented a 25 percent increase from the previous month. The operational utility was attributable to a 16 percent marginal growth with the project currently operating in the range of 70 to 80 percent of expected annual design output capacity. Galaxy indicated this capacity would be further optimized over coming quarters and advised that it anticipates that it will ship a third consignment of spodumene concentrate to China in September, with the cargo volume to be around 20,000 tonnes."

Perhaps there is someone out there who has more knowledge on these things? My thoughts as a 'general public' observer were: 1. Could it also be assumed that the dry tonnage will have increased by 25% and wonder if the "wet tonnage" was reported in GXY's last announcement because the production is so fresh it is still wet?
    2. Given the complexities of the ramp up, is it the case that what is important are the improvements moving towards full operation targeted by the end of the year?

Just to note, as well as the ramping up of Mt Cattlin the article discusses GXY's planned prospects for the production of bike batteries and the potential of that market.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.