IMM 11.9% 29.5¢ immutep limited

making prima biomed a world renouned name

1. 6 Posts.

Dear Martin Rogers

Thank goodness we have you at the helm of this ship.
    It should not go unrecognised that you are well deserved of the position you hold based on the achievement you have attained for Prima as a company, Ovarian cancer sufferers in their hope, lastly (and probably least but still incredibly important, so please no one take that wrong way) investors helping provide you with necessary funding and support, short and long holders.

Keep up the good work!

Dear Holders

For all holders, but mainly for new holders and potential holders sitting on the side lines just starting to take notice.

Take notice because whether you are on board or not - you will eventually if not already recognized without question the name and brand that is Prima Biomed.

Some people speculate as to whether or not Prima will be taken over, strike a licensing deal with a big Pharma or continue to strive for that hard to get but arguably well within reach goal (with patience, persistance and some stamina) ...the golden jackpot that is simply trial success and commercialization of CVac. Obviously this will be tops (as can be hoped for) for Ovarian cancer sufferers. OV cancer is the focus of a trial, but other cancer sufferers can be treated with CVac too. Forecasts and revenue predictions for this have not been put forward, but give MArtin a call and ask what he makes of it. I did. For those who don't know, Martin Rogers did say at the last investors meeting that CVac will (if it hits the market) be available at the discretion of the oncology department or clinicians be suggested / administered for those 'other cancer' sufferers interested in CVac. CVac should work well with other cancers, specifically those exhibiting the mucin-1 protein on the surface of the cancer cells. Mucin-1 is the exact same protein that CVac targets in the case of Ovar Can. CVac trains the patient's cells in their immune system to recognize and kill MUC-1 and therefore the cancer cell. It's akin to a magic bullet).

Personally I hope that Prima (and Martin Rogers as the captain) DOES NOT GIVE IN too easily to offers (some of which could be very tempting for him, company and investors) too early. My view is that Prima's SP has a massive (really MASSIVE) upside to run in multiple phases in the near and medium, longer term future (as MisterS has eluded to) over the next 6, 12, 18 months, well before but clearly also beyond commercialization.

I HOPE (AND BELIEVE) THIS WILL HAPPEN FOR ALL INVESTOR'S BEFORE THE BIG PHARMA COME ALONG. (Moderators please go easy, that's not shouting, just emphasizing :-)

Look at Biota (BTA). They have a great product, but Glaxo pay them only 7% royalties for every Relenza sale. Things may be different when LANI (Relenza's successor) hits the market. But, Prima MUST NOT make the same mistake. Prima must make effort to ensure that any potential partner or predator understands the true potential of CVac and a product that if successful, will become as widely known if not more than Dendreon.

Why you may ask?

I'm not going to harp on too much about Dendreon and Prima's similarities, although Prima is clearly undervalued by a million miles and is not yet acknowledged enough as being so similar to Dendreon - with as much or more potential as Dendreon. It will get its due recognition - don't worry.

That's a cerainty as long as trials go well and CVac shows further promise and which is not likely to disappoint (not that I can be sure - obviously!).

It's still high risk, but the boxes are being ticked consistently over time. The biggest risks are behind in Prima's past. There still are risks, but they are less. Were you one of the people who believed in Dendreon and then on April 28th 2009 when they announced their data openly at a Chicago conference, suddenly (if you were an investor) felt yourself filling your pants. I did - but I should have known better!. In fact I was one of the investors in DNDN (Dendreon) who lost big because of a stop-loss at the time that someone somewhere triggered a massive sell of over a 70 seconds period only to buy back in after the price dropped phenomenally.

Back to Prima. Prima may be a minnow and a relative unknown, but don't let that fool you. Did you miss out when the price was somewhere between 5 and 10c ? .... it stayed in that range for months after finally rising beyond 2-3c.

Martin Rogers is no fool. I respect him and he is a man with a mission because he knows the success likelihood of CVac. That's a shrewd businessman who has very good contacts.

If you forget most of what I've said, please remember one thing. Prima's CVac has the potential to (to some extent) shadow the success of Dendreon in terms of the scope of its cancer treatment. Demand is there, more than for prostate (which is what Dendreon's Provenge targets). CVac is based not only on Ovarian cancer case numbers worldwide. Other cancers sufferers can expect to benefit from CVac (and can in future be treated WITHOUT FURTHER APPROVALS from FDA or others,... confirmed by Martin Rogers already).

This is phenomenal!!!! .... Orphan Drug Status too is getting a lot of attention (already for a while). It's not to be underestimated. It's going to do many many things to Prima's advantage. Not least reduce how demanding trial endpoints would need to be met (though FDA has slackened the demands for cancer vaccines recently anyway which already helps Prima), but it extends the patent life by 7 years!!

There are always things that you or I or he or she can argue on about Prima or CVac - things that attract the down rampers. Forget them. This company WILL surprise everybody, Even the believers and hard core LT existing holders. I believe that passionately.

Think ...

(a) Prima still has so much upside (takeover, license or neither)
    (b) ODS is a virtual certainty
    (c) the general market rebound will help bring aboard more and more investors
    (d) Prima's market cap growth is already bringing them in scope of many global investment funds (which only deal with companies over a certain size.

This baby is going fundamentally in only one direction.
    Guess which way?

Not just north, ...it's going vertical / outward into space, into ORBIT and will never return to anything we have been used to .... soon it will leave the SP we have been seeing these days and will never return.

IMO this will be $1 to $2+ by February 2010and will by end 2010 be around $4-5.

Keep an eye out also for the expected milestones of Dendreon. They all should have positive effect on Prima.

Good luck to all holders, short, long, fat, thin and everything else in between ;-)

IMPORTANT: the above comments are all just my own personal opinion. DYOR and only take risks that you are comfortable with. Invest only what you can afford to lose.

Finally, I'm not encouraging votes. I only hope that some of the opinions that I share are useful or helpful.

IT

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.5¢
Change
-0.040(11.9%)
Mkt cap ! $428.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
32.0¢ 33.0¢ 28.0¢ $7.278M 23.75M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 53192 29.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
30.5¢ 41048 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.