SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

G'day Grumpy, hope you had a good Xmas and NY and got some sun. ...

1. 22,620 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 266
    G'day Grumpy, hope you had a good Xmas and NY and got some sun.  Theres plenty of sun here, too much really at the moment.

I see you didn't like my Joe has the ball post a few too many JD's and Gins does wonders for my posts!  Ha Ha.

I see May failed but as expected i guess, i don't think anyone thought it would get through, i'm not sure what options she has left because if the EU doesn't comprimise do you think that means a crash out Brexit?   Also with May doing what shes done it's as if she might have another plan up her sleeve, she couldn't have possibly thought her deal would pass surely, but she still went ahead and tried.

This Irish thing seems a little touchy and bringing up the past, i don't have any solution for that but i did have what is probably a silly thought about it and that is could they lease Northern Island to Ireland for 99 yrs for a yearly fee or something, they've all got to live peacefully on an Island like that or would be best to live peacefully.  The Poms use to lease HongKong, i've got no idea if its practical but thought i would see what you think.

I've also had a look at the average Tarrifs on imported goods to the EU from outside the EU, theres many different sub catorgaries but the average is about 6% on the total import value.  Why can't the Brits and the EU just do a simple deal like apply the average of 6% to each other in tarrifs on the whole trade vice versa as that would be in line with the current Norm for outsiders.  The UK wouldn't have to cough silly membership fees to the EU and maybe they could just do a book entry at the end of the year between the nations to balance the difference and save on paperwork by keeping it simple.

Anyway
    Best Wishes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.