Mal finally goes after the 'Parasite' shorten.

1. 12,167 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3201
    “You parasite”
    Malcolm Turnbull has unleashed his rage on Bill Shorten after the Opposition Leader attempted to suspend standing orders with the Prime Minister accusing him of being a “social climbing sycophant” and a “parasite” who sucked up to billionaires in the living rooms of Melbourne to get ahead.

Mslvolm Turnbull. Picture: Lym Smith
    He accused Mr Shorten of posing as being representative of the people but, who as a union leader, had presided over cuts in penalty rates for low paid cleaners while dining with billionaires like Richard Pratt.
    The Prime Minister questioned whether Mr Shorten tried out his class-war rhetoric in such company and whether Mr Shorten had deployed his “attack on the rich” or whether he instead “just sucked up to them?”
    “I think he did. I think he said one thing here and another thing in the comfortable lounge rooms of Melbourne, I reckon. I think we all know that.”
    “He has shifted and he will say whatever suits his purpose from day to day. No consistency, no integrity. This sycophant, blowing hard in the House of Representatives, sucking hard in the living rooms of Melbourne.”
    “There was never a union leader in Melbourne that tucked his knees under more billionaire’s tables than the Leader of the Opposition. He lapped it up, yes, he lapped it up.”
    Mr Shorten incurred the blasting after he attempted to stop proceedings to protest the government’s cuts to family welfare payments as part of the government’s new omnibus savings bill aimed at clawing back $5.5 billion savings.
    He railed against the package saying that millions of Australians would be left worse off and incorporated into his attack the government’s $50 billion corporate tax cut as well as its pension reductions and heavily criticised attempts to remedy welfare overpayments.
    “This Prime Minister is seriously the most out of touch personality to ever hold this great office of Prime Minister, tough on pensioners and soft on banks, tax cuts for millionaires and payment cuts for Australian families,” he said.
    But Mr Shorten was overpowered by the Prime Minister’s blistering assault which accused him of yearning to get into the Prime Minister’s harbourside residence at Kirribilli in Sydney because “somebody else pays for it.”
    “This man is a parasite and has no respect for the taxpayer any more than he has respect for the members of the Australian Workers Union. He betrayed them again and again and sold them out. Some of the lowest paid workers in Australia.”
    Mr Turnbull said Mr Shorten was now selling out the jobs of Australian workers by pursuing his “ludicrous” policies on energy that would increase power prices.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.