LYC 1.30% $7.61 lynas rare earths limited

groins,You have hit the nail on the head. This is a global...

1. 358 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    groins,

You have hit the nail on the head. This is a global phenomenon which has evolved over the last century since the advent of Democracy first in the western world and europe and more recently since its influence in the third world, asia and the middle east.

Though democracy has brought with it some advances and benefits it has also written its own death sentence. Democratic governments (as opposed to longer term leadership systems) bring with them short termism and the philosophy that what is more important is the next election and not the greater good. Spin doctors and narcissists have the edge in this environment and the squeaky wheel is given the attention to appease the media position and visa versa.

This is in part the situation we have here where we have an emerging democracy trying desperately to be seen to be follow the "rules " of a democratic society.

What is not important in a democracy is the truth and the greater good. What comes first is popularity, the next election and public perception.

Though a further delay is bad for us investors in the short to medium term, I believe Malaysia is following a rather predictable script.

IMHO Lynas will prevail but there will be more blood spilt along the way. LT position for me.

This is not meant as a political commentary from either side of politics but just my interpretation of the current situation . There is no ideal political system
    “It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.” - Winston Churchill

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.