LYC 0.78% $6.35 lynas rare earths limited

Malaysia and China, page-34

1. 3,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 299
    Referring to,
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minis...t_(Malaysia)#List_of_ministers_of_environment

If you look at the history of where the Environment portfolio used to sit, it used to sit with 'Natural Resources'. In fact it has been the case for 14 years from 2004 to 2018! Whilst under Mahathir's previous reign for 22 years, it has always been 'Minister of Science, Technology and Environment'. Mahathir had just gone back to what he was used to, i.e. having Science, Technology and Environment. Why? Mahathir is a man who wants to develop Malaysia into a modernised and achieve 'developed nation' status. When you put Science & Technology together with Environment, guess where would the focus be? Where is the money made for the country and the people? Guess which of the three becomes the 'little sister' in the whole scheme of things?

Check out the focus and mission of the new ministry that has been set up, i.e.Energy, Technology, Science, Climate Change and Environment:
    https://www.mestecc.gov.my/web/en/corporate-profile/about-us/

Vision
    “To lead the National Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) Agenda”
    Mission
    “Explore, develop and utilise STI to generate knowledge, create wealth and ensure societal wellbeing towards achieving a competitive, sustainable and inclusive high income economy”
    Strategic Thrust
    1. The Main policy of STI Remain Relevant
    2. Create Value Through R&D & C&I
    3. Effective Service Delivery System
    4. STI Practical and Culture
    5. The Success Of The Optimum Through Strategic Collaboration
    6. Resource Management Effectively

Which words do you find is actually missing in all of the focus and vision and mission? Yes..'Climate Change' or 'Environment'. Maybe it's hidden under 'resource management effectively'? haha..Guess what will be Yeo's focus for the coming months and years?

Remember the petition for Wong Tack to be Minister of Natural Resources & Environment (never mind the poster who couldn't differentiate 'Ministry' from 'Minister' )?

nodefamatory content can be brought...ministry-of-natural-resources-and-environment

Why was he not appointed to the post and Mahathir put it all under Yeo, a much younger person than Wong Tack however much more educationally qualified and less volatile? Well, #1, Mahathir never sees environment separated from the Science, Technology and Innovation agenda. Wong Tack can't handle Science & Technology stuff, he's too old fashioned and not well qualified enough maybe? #2, Mahathir could give the portfolio of natural resources to Wong Tack right? Guess who got the job? Xavier Jayakumar Arulanandam. This has now become 'Water, Land and Natural Resources'. Oh well, in short, Wong Tack is not that important/capable in Mahathir's eyes.

I'll leave you with an article that just summarises all of these actions as "it was all a dramatic comedy". Yes it was and it will never be again.
    http://www.malaysia-today.net/2018/04/29/no-more-dramatic-comedy-in-kuantan/
    Last edited by LightForce: 25/08/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.35
Change
-0.050(0.78%)
Mkt cap ! $5.935B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.46 $6.47 $6.34 $19.83M 3.109M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 11865 $6.35

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.36 3637 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.