LYC 0.78% $6.35 lynas rare earths limited

Malaysia and China, page-54

1. 3,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 299
    https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018/08/25/should-kuantans-great-wall-of-china-come-down/

See how much Fuziah try to tamper down Mahathir's comments (bolded and underlined below)? She's now being an advocate for Alliance Steel and for 'Following Procedures and Law'.  Even though Alliance Steel has not been following safety certification, Fuziah thinks that the government cannot just choose to tear down the walls that they've erected, i.e. the need to follow law!

Also, the Foreign Minister said that the government wants foreign investors to be successful provided that they follow law and order! All these are good signs...those who don't follow rules shall be punished, but those who do should be allowed to flourish. So, say goodbye to all the attempts to strike fear to investors' hearts that Lynas' fate is held by Wong Tack or Fuziah. As long as Lynas is following the law, it should flourish!

When asked to comment on the matter, Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Fuziah Salleh told The Star it was not about the wall as such, but the procedures and laws that a foreign investor had to follow.
    "What he said about tearing down the walls could be just words used to describe that they have to follow the law," said Fuziah, who is also Kuantan MP.
    "I personally have received calls from Malaysians working inside there, saying that they want to keep their jobs.
    "We want them to have their jobs, but at the same time, we want to ensure that they are safe," she said.

The government wants foreign investors like Alliance Steel at the Malaysia-China Kuantan Industrial Park (MCKIP) to be successful, but at the same time, they are required to follow Malaysian laws, says Foreign Minister Datuk Saifuddin Abdullah.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.35
Change
-0.050(0.78%)
Mkt cap ! $5.935B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.46 $6.47 $6.34 $19.83M 3.109M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 11865 $6.35

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.36 3637 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.