LYC 0.90% $7.70 lynas rare earths limited

In my judgement, the authorities must grant the license...

1. 109 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 343
    In my judgement, the authorities must grant the license extension because Yeo will be ordered to do so, for reasons that we all understand. However, she can still follow orders but not grant the full 3-4 years. E.g. 6 months. I know it shouldn’t work like this but it may be the only face saving option that is available to Yeo. Even this will be a massive slap in the face. But this may well result in the final show down between her and the majority of the cabinet.
    Another quite outrageous tactic of Yeo’s is to delay a decision seemingly to the eleventh hour. Why wait, as usual, to the day before the license expires when you know already that it will be granted?
    The answer is of course to maximize the pain. While this may be a face enhancing stance, it just shows the lack of respect for any foreign investor. She is simply destroying the future investment prospects of her country.
    But at the end of the day, I believe that she will bow out on a convenient excuse of maternity leave, wiser minds will prevail, and the current share price will be seen to have been a bargain!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.