LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

I don't think there is any real danger Lynas will be shut down...

1. 794 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 379
    I don't think there is any real danger Lynas will be shut down by the September deadline. The Malaysian government may play politics but they have not been stupid enough to shut down the LAMP so far. The Chinese dominated party of YBY is not in power so there is even less chance of that now imo. As Amanda herself has previously pointed out, for all the political posturing, the actual decision to keep Lynas has been based in science. Mahathir also previously said, when asked if LAMP would be shut down if they didn't meet the deadline, that they would have to look at the reasons why. The Pahang government undertook to provide a site for the PDF, they are working together with Lynas to get this over the line. I think all parties, Lynas, Pahang govt and federal government want the same outcome and are trying to come up with the most suitable solution. If the report is true, it seems like much has already been done to get this new site approved. So, I am not unduly concerned about a shutdown of operations, at this stage anyway. Actually, I'm thinking there might be more to all this, possibly to do with Condisoil. Who knows, hopefully we'll get some clarity tomorrow.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.