LYC 0.00% $6.56 lynas rare earths limited

Battling a Mining Goliath on Two Continents - FPIFEnvironmental...

1. 6,199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 998
    Battling a Mining Goliath on Two Continents - FPIF

"The campaign has had its wins. “If we hadn’t done anything, Lynas’s radioactive waste could be spread out all over Malaysia by now, and Lynas would have become the hottest stock out there,” Tan concludes. “Now, it’s just scraping by from generous Japanese loans, Pentagon contracts, and Australian government handouts. Nick Curtis was hoping to make billions when he started out, and he is still hoping that geopolitical forces will get him there one day.”"

Hopefully all here know that the anti-Lynas fervor of the last decade was whipped up with nonsense and nonscientific claims; any such anti-Lynas efforts are sustained IN SPITE of evidence now.

There is no effective means of stopping these "social media-driven" pop-up events in any timely way. Big damage can be done to the company and/or its share price. The anti-Lynas effort on the ground in Malaysia was undoubtedly supported by the Chinese Communist Party which continues their anti-Lynas efforts to this day. Chinese proxies managed to successfully push their efforts all the way to the writing of laws that essentially would have put Lynas out of business. That was just a few years ago. The risk is not gone.

Just three weeks from now the ban on shipping further ore concentrate to the LAMP goes into effect, if I am rightly informed. Evidence has been available for YEARS that exonerates Lynas, but the illegitimate political and legal actions taken against her haven't been corrected. I am not surprised.

Good Luck, Amanda, hope you hear good news today.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.56
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.131B
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 5659 $6.88

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.18 1924 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.02am 01/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.42
  Change
0.000 ( 2.07 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.42 $6.44 $6.40 27368
Last updated 10.20am 01/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.