LYC 1.24% $7.60 lynas rare earths limited

Looks like they got their food and lodging for free? And looks...

1. 997 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22

Looks like they got their food and lodging for free?

And looks like the police are getting a little more serious with these SMSL'ers.

"The vehicle, sporting green banners and logos of the anti-Lynas campaign, was a regular sight during the last lap of the two-week Green Walk that began in Kuantan. It was used during the second week of the march to ferry participants who were injured or tired."

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2012/11/29/cops-quiz-two-over-anti-lynas-rally/

Cops quiz two over anti-Lynas rally
    Teoh El Sen | November 29, 2012 Police are investigating last Sunday’s gathering under the Peaceful Assembly Act.
    PETALING JAYA: Police today questioned two people over the use of a Kia Sportage SUV during the Himpunan Hijau rally outside Dataran Merdeka last Sunday.

Property agent Jimmy Wong, 33, and his wife, a 25-year-old school teacher, are believed to be witnesses in a police investigation under the Peaceful Assembly Act 2012 (PAA).

“Last night, two policemen visited the family of my wife, who is the owner of the vehicle, and told them that the car has been locked up (in police custody), but the car was with me,” Wong told FMT.

Police called the couple to the Kepong police station.

“I did not do anything wrong by lending support to the campaign against Lynas,” Wong said. “I have nothing to be scared of.”

The vehicle, sporting green banners and logos of the anti-Lynas campaign, was a regular sight during the last lap of the two-week Green Walk that began in Kuantan. It was used during the second week of the march to ferry participants who were injured or tired.

At the finale of the protest on Nov 25, Himpunan Hijau chairman Wong Tack and two others stood atop the vehicle to speak to the crowd.

Segambut MP Lim Lip Eng, a DAP member and a lawyer, is representing Jimmy Wong and his wife. He described the police investigation as “shoddy”.

“When I asked the Investigating Officer, Tan, under what law they were investigating the case, he could not even name it,” Lim said. “He only knew it as the ‘newly passed law’, and he nodded when I asked if it was the Peaceful Assembly Act.

“When I asked who the complainant was, he said there was none.

“Never in my 10 years as a practicing lawyer have I come across a police investigation without a complainant.”

Lim speculated that the police were targeting Wong Tack as his clients were repeatedly asked about “Wong, the Malay guy, and the monk”.

On Sunday, thousands crowded the streets around Dataran Merdeka to protest against the Lynas rare earth plant in Gebeng, Kuantan. Police had cordoned off the iconic square.

Dang Wangi district police chief ACP Zainuddin Ahmad told FMT the case was being investigated under Section 9(5) of the Peaceful Assembly Act. He declined to comment further.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.