LYC 0.78% $7.76 lynas rare earths limited

malaysian update, page-15

1. 249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    What amazes me the most is the fact that 6 month before completion of the LAMP people in Malaysia start to protest against it.

They had many years to do so.

It is a 3digit million Dollar entreprise. People don't just build it and then close to finish line move it somewhere else.

Also don't forget the impact on future investments of international companies in Malaysia. They will think twice before putting there money into a country where 2 years later they have to fear loosing there investment. The lost of credibility of malaysian government will be huge.

And by the way: Gebeng is an industrial zone with all kind of "potentially hazardous" companies:

(see: http://www.ijm.com/infrastructure/port/KuantanPort/invest_kuantan/about_Kuantan.asp)

Vast industrial land is available for the chemical and petrochemical industry sited at Gebeng Industrial Estate has made it a world-class petrochemical manufacturing zone covering an area of 8,600 hectares. The Gebeng Industrial Estate is a thriving hub of commercial activity where numerous multinational corporations in the petrochemical sector have made it their home. Among these corporations are :
    MTBE Malaysia Sdn Bhd
    BP Chemicals (M) Sdn Bhd
    BASF Petroncas Chemicals Sdn Bhd
    Eastman Chemical Sdn Bhd
    Cryvac (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
    WR Grace Specialty Chemical Sdn Bhd
    Kaneka (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
    Ji Kang Dimensi Sdn Bhd

Kaneka Eperan Sdn Bhd
    Kaneka Electec Sdn Bhd
    Kaneka Paste Polymers Sdn Bhd
    NFP Industries (M) Sdn Bhd
    Polyplastic Asia Pacific Sdn Bhd
    Polypropylene Malaysia Sdn Bhd
    Flexsys Chemicals (M) Sdn Bhd
    unquote

It has never been the touristic hotspot of Malaysia. People go somewhere else for holidays.

Slowly I am really getting enough (I don't wanna use the p-word) from these environmentalist. Everybody wants modern technology, handies, clean energy, etc. etc. but please not in my neighbourhood. How about we all go back to stone age?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.