Malcolm Turnbull has potential to be one of the nation's greatest prime ministers, page-4

1. 9,100 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17717
    You have got to be kidding.

Anyway I'll just regurgitate this from another thread last night. The guy, even though some here think he is more of a wet Liberal is held captive by the right that his policies implemented to date ( and believe me there are so few) is going to divide Australians. I just wonder whether he is actually right leaning and sucked others into this beleif because he never implements any wet Liberal policies by the way, even when he was a Minister - a claytons wet Liberal might be the real definition here. He is a flip flop flapper of the penguin stakes. History will show, if he doesn't pull his finger out from now on, that he will be the worst PM in Australian history. He came in a glow, almost got defeated 9 months later and currently has achieved didley swat. My comment from last night:

Good to see the Coalition has caved in that we don't have a budget deficit. These morons think the only way to balance the budget is through welfare cuts - read targeted at Labor/Green voters - at a time we have a spending and revenue crisis which even Morrison agrees on the latter. Just look at the budget papers to see what has happened to revenue. So here we are, we are going to keep the majority of middle class to upper class welfare (super concessions, NG etc etc) and probably not go hard on multinationals, or even try to water them down a little.

The Senate won't vote too many spending cuts measures through because it would not be fair to simply target welfare -giving the Greens and ALP the upper hand that even the public understands especially around multinational tax avoidance. The LNP learn't nothing from Howard - his 1996 Budget got through because it hit everyone and no one could argue it was unfair. Howard partly created this mess because he thought the boom would last forever and everyone got tax concessions, super changes etc like confetti because he was rolling in cash. Now no one wants to get them watered down either. My State - WA - even a Labor government balanced the budget during a boom.

So get ready for more deficits - they are truly the LNP's now due to their utter incompetence. Whilst our public debt to GDP ratio is less than USA, Germany, UK and most other countries if we are to go further into debt at least target infrastructure spending but doubt they will do that. They will need to make a decision first these fools called the LNP. Until they understand fairness watch the LNP winge like childhood idiots.

And we won't talk about private debt - housing unaffordability has made us the most indebted individuals in the world and inaction on many other fronts (nearly) the most expensive country in the world. The Reserve Banks has said that is our biggest risk going forward. Total government inaction that leaves us open to a real bad shock - imagine if we have an external shock (remember the 70s anyone old enough) that causes inflation to rise and interests to then follow and what do you think will happen. Old timers here will understand unemployment of 10% etc.

Incompetence at its finest by Government.

Rant over

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.