Justis,You said:"Turnbull made one little glinch with the...

1. 36,517 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

Justis,

You said:

"Turnbull made one little glinch with the utegate affair".

It is not a little glich. It goes to the heart of one's political integrity. Yes, many politicians will succumb to the temptation to smear their opponents.

Turnbull is no lilly white as a politician. His politics might be more "liberal" than the current mob of federal Liberals, but, my point is, the leadership is not going to fall onto his lap without him making an effort to gain it. Peter Costello thought he was the "right man" for the country; the rest is history.

From my perspective, Turnbull is a political unknown. I don't really know where he stands on many policy issues. I don't really want him to be the prime minister first and then to find out his views on many societal areas are not main stream.

Turnbull, if he retains his leadership ambition, should have returned to the back bench when they were in opposition from where he could have espoused his views on the ares that concerned all of us, but instead he chose to take on the shadow communications portfolio which inhibited his flexibility to speak up on areas outside of the communication areas.

Like I said in my earlier post, the federal Liberal Party is now very much dominated by people with right wing views, since the days of the Howard years. Many moderate Liberals were purged by Howard and his faction. So, if Turnbull is really a small L Liberal, then he has no chance of making any significant impact on the current federal Liberal Party policy formulations, except perhaps in his current communications area as the minister.

Quite a few here think highly of Turnbull, it is for Turnbull to show his supporters that he has what it takes to be the prime minister, and so far I have not seen much from him.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.