Turnbull's actually been a dunce in business but struck it big...

1. 16,819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    Turnbull's actually been a dunce in business but struck it big on one deal the negotiations and business of which had nothing to do with him . Likewise he wasn't in the higher echelons of barristers in his field ,got a couple of high profile cases ,was successful in one and stuffed the other one up and gave it away.

I'm no knocking what's he's achieved money wise but the huge myth out there is that he was some sort of astute businessman , whereas he's always been a total ditherer as his performance when he had the NBN to run will attest . A shonky ex Footscray Councillor in Conroy actually did a better job than Malcolm.

Likewise in interviews or in situations where immediate intellect is required he waffles on off the point like some B Grade high school debater.

My view is that the guy is totally overrated in terms of his intellectual capacity and particularly his work ethic but he looks good and has mellifluous tones for those who don't look too deep and know even less than he does across most issues . Plus he believes his own BS about himself though I think the public excepting the lefties who'd never vote for him anyway have wised up

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.