FAR 3.30% 47.0¢ far limited

Morning All Orson Wells' Touch of Evil famously included the...

1. 2,970 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2686
    Morning All

Orson Wells' Touch of Evil famously included the longest pan shot ever made. I know how he felt. Will this interminable wait ever end?

Like all Wells films, though, our 'torture noir' has a fascinating plot that seems to be nearing resolution. The clues are mounting.

No surprise that the latest emanates from our old mate Malcy, who has weighed in with yet another cryptic Tweet to the effect that the PE saga is complex - der - and is being resolved as best as it can be. An earlier Tweet spoke about FAR shareholders' best interests being okay. Putting the two together suggests a beneficial compromise rather than total victory - or indeed, total loss. So few characters; so much nuance.

Cath's recent interview with the deliciously misnamed Ian Howonearth (Howarth) I think points to the same conclusion. I just re watched it. She speaks of the SNE development in terms that suggest she expects FAR to be part of the show. That could be a ruse, but I don't think so.

Right at the end she moves beyond SNE and the JV's drill plans to talk about matters "outside the Ruffisque/Sangomar JV". She chose those words carefully, specifically limiting the JV to those blocks. She then speaks of FAR's strategy becoming focussed on further exploration of the NW corner of Africa "in and around Senegal". She postulates that the 500m oil column at FAN-1 promises further oil traps up dip and within the fan system. "We are looking forward to bringing some good new ideas and good new projects on to the portfolio in coming months."

Does this sound like a company expecting a quick end game?

A further clue. The Government has been busily rewriting oil law and amassing a portfolio of new blocks. It sounds to me as if FAR expects to win a chunk of those and is confident of finding the funding to go and explore them.

All this and still no capital raise. No wonder the shorters are shitting themselves.

I have not the foggiest idea how this entanglement is straightened out, but it's sounding to me as if FAR will be a funded part of the final solution. I also expect Woodside to still be there - even FAR says it has no quarrel with them.

Finally, I just want to comment on the future for those who have thus far played FAR like a fiddle. Orson's character also asked Marlene Dietrich to read his future. Her reply? "Hank, I think your future's all used up."

OOO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.0¢
Change
0.015(3.30%)
Mkt cap ! $43.43M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.5¢ 47.0¢ 45.5¢ $82.32K 180.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3500 46.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
47.0¢ 125569 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.47pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.