FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

Thank you for creating this thread as it will be great to get...

1. 109 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Thank you for creating this thread as it will be great to get updates as they come through.

I understand the August 2020 coup was a more substantial concern given that it seemed to actually be a coup, however can someone with more understanding please clarify something for a novice of the Malinese geo-political situation and history that I am.

My understanding is that Colonel Assimi Goita (who led the coup in August 2020) is accusing the current president and prime minister of potentially violating the international charter thus detained the current prime minister and president and reaffirms that elections WILL take place next year.

Was there a concern that the interims would try and retain power by postponing/cancelling the elections?

Im finding it difficult to get anything specific as to why Goita has done this (outside sweeping assumptions it was a “you forgot me in your new cabinet” power play). If we know exactly why Goita has acted this way then we can ascertain the depth and breadth of the issue and how quickly this can potentially be resolved.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.