RGT 12.9% 27.0¢ argent biopharma limited

I am still a little confused by the significance of the Malta...

1. 634 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    I am still a little confused by the significance of the Malta thing. The government purportedly approved a 4000 sq. metre plot for growing....? Is this a cannabis 'farming' company or a 'pharma' company?
    The reason I ask, is because most cannabis companies that I am aware of in Israel, US, Canada, Australia, etc. are either in the production and sales part of the cannabis industry for dispensaries...or they are in the pharmaceutical part. Maybe I am mistaken...but my interpretation is they are trying to develop cannabis related drugs, rather than producing in mass for dispensaries. All of the pharma cannabis companies I am aware of do their growing indoors so they can control all of the factors in the growing cycle. Is this Malta deal a step in a different direction for the company? I thought when I originally bought the stock that the company was producing their cannabis in an indoor controlled facility in eastern europe to produce 'cannEpil' (or whatever they call it). The more I read and the more questions I ask about the company the more confused I get about their mission. Maybe my uneducated greed is clouding my vision.
    Making a comparison in industries for argument's sake. When Lithium starting taking off a few years ago most of the producers were either 'hard rock' or 'lithium carbonate' miners....but they were all trying to get a share of the world lithium market which was expanding exponentially. Cannabis is very similar from the standpoint of having a huge market open for it with legalization, the same as EV's have accelerated the demand for lithium. So, if you're a marijuana producer you need to determine how you're going to grow and develop your company in the industry. That requires a laser focus in order to capitalize in an industry that is going to have a lot of companies strewn along the highway as roadkill.
    This Malta deal doesn't seem to be a necessary acquisition in light of the fact that they will have to build a facility to produce pharma grade cannabis...which they already have in eastern europe. If the idea is to farm outdoors...that is a bad idea for a pharma company...if it's to get into a jurisdiction that allows them to produce and export....they still need to get permission from the importing countries. So...yes I would like to be more tactically informed by management as to how and why Malta is a necessary or helpful acquisition other than another location. Because if that's the point, there are better locations for both growing and banking.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RGT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.0¢
Change
-0.040(12.9%)
Mkt cap ! $12.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
31.0¢ 31.0¢ 25.0¢ $6.09K 21.71K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1760 27.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
30.0¢ 99 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RGT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.