I could not agree more with your comments @pintohoo, I have been...

1. 2,737 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 91
    I could not agree more with your comments @pintohoo, I have been retired from Psychiatric Nursing since 2007.

What happened in Bondi yesterday is an inevitable result of inadequate care and treatment of people with Mental Health problems, together with social isolation, lack of adequate support, and an uncaring attitude from those in Authority. They will bleat "thoughts and prayers, etc but in a couple of months be content to forget it.

The Shock-Jocks and Atavistic Knuckle-Draggers in sections of the media will squeal the loudest!! "More Police, lock em all up, chuck away the key", etc, etc.

This has happened scores of times before in all states under all political administrations.

It will happen again and again. The social, medical(lack of) and financial conditions will see to that.

The other posters who commented, @Bobbin and@Meteor are on the money also.

I did my RPN training in the Bins in Victoria in the ‘70s, just as the Political fad was beginning such nonsense as chucking these poor bastards
    out into the community.

I finished my career working in Prisons and Secure Forensic facilities, dealing with the results of the political and economic fads of the time.

Don’t expect much to change, the Hand-wringing and mumbled platitudes will soon give way to indifference.

That’s just the way it is.

Just as predictable are the disgraceful attempts to find race, nationality, or the 'other’ for those addicted to hate to blame. That’s just the way it is, also.

The absolute tragedy of the loss of ordinary citizens in such grotesque ways seems to be a lesser price to pay rather than make a serious attempt at social and political/economic reform.
    Those in positions of authority will never admit that though.
    That’s just the way it is.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.