what are the odds that locking them up will make them better...

1. 7,404 Posts.
    what are the odds that locking them up will make them better people?
    there is really only one sensible solution, and that is to have done to them exactly what they have done to another being.
    if someone's pitbull rips a childs face to pieces, they should have their hands and legs tied and have the pitbull set upon them
    the market for breeding aggressive does would quickley die.
    i suspect that the reason no such law exists is because if you really check it out you will find that we are all guilty of some pretty ghastly stuff.
    the world would not be able to exist the way it does, and a lot of people/organizations would seriously oppose it.
    nice to see inroads being made into making more serious sentences regarding animal cruelty, however i can see a conundrum eventuating.

the other problem with any eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth is that there is the potential for people to develop a liking for such events which can eventually lead to the likes of roman amphitheatres, and love for blood sport.
    believe it or not, this is why some people join the army.

"People must have renounced, it seems to me, all natural intelligence to dare to advance that animals are but animated machines . . . It appears to me, besides, that [such people] can never have observed with attention the character of animals, not to have distinguished among them the different Voices of need, of suffering, of joy, of pain, of love, of anger, and of all their affections. It would be very strange that they should express so well what they could not feel . . We know neither how these organs were formed, nor how they are developed, nor how they receive life, nor by what laws, feelings, ideas, memory, will, they are attached to this life and, in this profound and eternal ignorance inherent to our nature, we dispute without ceasing, we persecute one another, like bulls who butt against each other with their horns, without knowing why and how they have horns." - Voltaire

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.