Pretty drastic, considering the circumstances, which are not...

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80

Pretty drastic, considering the circumstances, which are not fully described in that media article......

"An argument broke out between the three men at an IGA supermarket in South Perth on May 2, 2009, where a Friends of Palestine group was holding a protest against Israeli oranges.

Mr Peach, 19, told the court during the trial that he was a member of the Australasian Union of Jewish Students at the time and had attended the rally to "observe" and hand out flyers to educate the protesters about Israel.

He said he was "angry", "confused" and "offended" by O'Connell when he started to film the two Jewish men and argue with them about their religion."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/brendan-lee-oconnell-found-guilty-of-racial-hatred-after-posting-video-online/story-e6frfku0-1225996361446#ixzz1Caw7gtHB

In view of recent lenient sentencings for serious crimes of violence and rape, being locked up for 3 years for what is no more than an argument is an outrageous sentence......
    I would be very surprised if there wasnt an appeal.....
    I find it hard to believe this could happen.

For all the anti-Islamists......no one has yet been locked up for 3 years for arguing with a Muslim...when will that come?
    I fear an "Apartheid-in-Reverse" is slowly being inflicted on us......that will only increase racial hatreds.

GZ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.